Saturday, May 17, 2014

Benefits of infertility



Few days ago I spent a day on a event together with a dear coworker of mine (also a survivor of multiple failed IVFs) and our boss. 

During a lunch a coworker told me that during coffee break the boss told her since in other department they have some problems how to organize all their business trip because of the fact that that all women working are either mothers of small children or pregnant, she will have to step in and help. She will have to go to some additional business trips this year.

My coworker was pissed off - not because she will have to travel more (she loves travelling and going on business trips), but because of the fact how he said it.

I told her not to worry - that she just has to see it from the bright side - it means visiting some cities she has never been to.

At afternoon coffee break boss wanted to talk to me alone and he told me that in other department they have some problems how to organize all their business trip because of the fact that that all women working are either mothers of small children or pregnant,  I will have to step in and help. I  will have to go to some additional business trips this year.

*** 

I told the story to my coworker late in the evening, when we were driving in a car together back home. 

We laughed so much. It was really funny. The boss used exactly the same words to both of us.  

***
More travelling. Less office time. Life is good. Yes, infertility does have some benefits indeed.





4 comments:

  1. I often wonder if people ever think before opening their mouths! Enjoy your trips, on the company's dime! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can sympathize at one of my previous jobs I was not married and no kids and I was the one who always got asked to stay late because the others had husbands and kids to go home to. After a while it did piss me off because I still had a life even without a husband and kids. About 6 months into that position I switched to another department within the company where staying late wasn't an on going requirement. Don't get me wrong, it was extra monies and I usually stayed late with others and we had good laughs, it was all how it was "worded" to me that I so disliked.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy going to different places! :-)

    ReplyDelete