Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Silent Sorority & my sister

Silent Sorority: A Barren Woman Gets Busy, Angry, Lost and Found [Paperback]



Have you read Silent Sorority? There just aren't enough words for me to describe on how many levels this book helped me with accepting my childless life. During the winter I am looking to re-read the book, I will write more then.

Once I was describing this book to my sister and I was explaining that no book could describe how I feel better then this book. So she said she would love to read the book.

One evening she phoned me, I picked up the phone and she was just crying. I got scared that something bad happened to her baby girl. But my sister was just crying on the phone: "It is so sad that Pamela can not have children. It is so sad that you can not have children." So I also started to cry and we were just crying together... No words were needed.

5 comments:

  1. I have it, tooooooo!!! And whenever I need it, I can always reread it 'coz it's my lifesaver, too. :-) Kudos to your sister for being such a supportive person in your life!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. dear Amel,
      lifesaver is a beautiful description of this book!

      Delete
  2. Thanks for sharing this tender moment. How sweet that you've found a new level of understanding ... Really warms my heart that Silent Sorority has touched so many lives.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed - Silent Sorority has touched many lives!

      Once my coworker said (my age, also without children - I lent her my book) that she would make hundreds of copies of the last pages of the book and give it to people she knows.

      Delete
  3. Love this. I gave it to my mom to read, and she said it really opened her eyes.

    ReplyDelete