Monday, October 29, 2012

Monday

The beginning of the day was really nice.  I had a cup of coffee with a business partner from the USA that I haven't seen for three years. She is a in her late forties. I don't know her that well. I know she is happily married (for 20 years), without children. I guess they could not have them, but we never talked about it.

They have been living in Europe for the last few years. I asked her whether they are planning to stay in Europe for good or they are planning to return to States. And she said that they do not know yet - that all possibilities are open for them.

Suddenly I felt so happy for them - literally all possibilities are open for them. Being childfree make them free.

And I felt good for me & my DH. We can have exactly the life we want to have.

***

Then I had lunch with two colleagues from another department.  Everything went well at the beginning, until the moment they started discussing pregnancy of another coworker and this encouraged them to awake their memories about their pregnancy some years ago.  I had to listen to every details... But I did not feel that bad.  It just proved my theory on how low EQ some people have. Unbelievable! And they didn't even noticed that I didn't open my mouth for 20 minutes. I swear - I am not and I was never as rude as that - to completely exclude another human being from the conversation.  

***

Then I had a long walk with my beloved Wolf. I love him so much! Can not imagine my life without him.

***
And then my Mattie dropped by in the evening, for a cup of tea. I know she is busy, combining demanding job & two demanding little children. So I really appreciate time that she takes to be with me, even if only for half an hour.

***
I am just watching the news.... I am keeping my fingers crossed that Sandy will not be as bad as predicted.

No comments:

Post a Comment