Saturday, November 30, 2013

Reading & Travelling & Memories

I was away for five days, on a business trip with a coworker. We worked hard. But we also took time to enjoy. We had some delicious dinners. Drank lots of tasty capuccinos.  And in the evening I was reading a book written by a couple from my country who travelled around the world for 7 years. I really liked the book, all 370 pages. The end of the book hurt me a bit - she found out in Africa (aged 40) that she was pregnant, so they stopped travelling and returned home. They are parents to a beautiful baby boy now. 
(I wish them all the best. I just wish that one of our travellings would end the same way. We took quite some travelling in the years of 10 failed IVFs - all with the same purpose: to heal my wounded soul. The travelling really helped. It showed me that the world is huge and beautiful and worth living for... even if our lives did not turned out the way we hoped for.)
 
My way of travelling would be to travel one month per year. After one month of travelling we both miss our home sweet home...  Since for the next 9 months there will be no travelling for us, I wanted to share some photos from the past with you.  We did not actually like Peru that much (we did not feel safe all the time), but it definetely has some highlights that are worth seeing.
 
 
 
Machu Picchu:
 
 
Coca tea:
 
 
Cuzco:
 
 
Uros Islands, Lake Titikaka:
 
 
 
 
Island Taquile, Lake Titikaka:
 
 
Our favourite food in Peru:
 
 
Arequipa, Santa Catalina Convent: 
 
 
Our way of travelling:

4 comments:

  1. I love this ... "the world is huge and beautiful and worth living for..."

    Yes. That's it exactly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. An old coworker from mine is from Peru - so I got to find out a lot about the country. He also said that there were many parts where "safety" was a concern...especially in Cuzco. Since our goal is to reach of the US National Parks, I am not exactly sure when we will get there...but I really want to hike the Inca trail and end up at Machu Picchu!

      Delete
  2. LOVE the photos...how breathtaking!

    ReplyDelete