Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Where did the time go?

My DH & I recently celebrated the 10th anniversary of our wedding. Which means that I stopped taking birth control (how ironic!) 10 years ago.

I didn't have lunch today at work, I went for a short walk instead. It was a warm autumn day, so there were lots of mothers with babies in strollers outside.

After many years I really looked at those young mothers. And I realized that most of them were more then a decade younger then me. Some of them looked so young that they could be my daughters.

The decade went by so quickly. But in a way, I am glad.  The darkest years of my infertility are behind me, for good. This is good.

3 comments:

  1. Happy anniversary, Klara! :) Time really does fly -- 28 years for my dh & me. Yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy anniversary! Yes the time does fly by, E and I will celebrate 9 years of marriage next month and 12 years together. I didn't go off BCP until we were together for 2 years so that was in 2003! I am in a much better place now about my infertility than I was 3 years ago. I can look at women with babies and not have that sadness or longing anymore...all is good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Anniversary to you both! You're a fantastic couple, and I hope you have many more ten year marks to celebrate. (I'm coming up to a big one next year!)

    It's funny you should comment on how young the mothers look. I was at a mall yesterday, and saw several new mothers who looked as if they were in their teens. Sadly, they probably were. I felt so old! But yes, some of that sadness feels as if it was a long time ago.

    ReplyDelete