Saturday, November 12, 2022

Waiting too long? (btw: my 1000th post!!)

I stopped counting how many times have I heard a comment about childless woman who waited too long with decision to start a family and then it was too late. The comment was never addressed directly to me, but in conversation. 

What does it actually mean waiting too long? I had to wait until finding the love of my life. And this can take some time (and some luck!). 

This is the 1000th post of this blog and I am dedicating it to my husband, the love of my life. I am very grateful to have met him.  I am glad he proposed me on this beautiful Dalmatian island (photo above). 

I am sharing a post that I wrote 10 years ago: 

https://thenext15000days.blogspot.com/2012/09/my-favourite-song.html

I still feel exactly the same as I did 10 years ago, when writing those lines <3 

7 comments:

  1. Congratulations on 1000 posts! And your beautiful love with your husband. What a gorgeous song! Ugh, when people say "wait too long" they don't realize that timelines aren't always the way you think, things don't always happen within some arbitrary step by step "plan." Congrats on living your beautiful life! That beach is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My sister told me I waited too long. What a mean thing to say. It's judgmental and not helpful. And how does she know anyway? Maybe I was infertile my whole life. Maybe if I would've started trying earlier, it still wouldn't have worked out. People can be so rude and cruel. I am slowly but surely learning that that is their problem, not mine.

    What a beautiful song! The music, the lyrics, your language. It's all so beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. dear Phoenix, thank you <3
    I am so sorry for your sister's comment. I agree... it is not helpful at all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woo hoo! Congratulations on 1000 posts. That's a great milestone to reach!
    And yes, "waiting too long" is such an unkind comment. A nurse said that too me when I was in hospital losing my second ectopic baby. I waited till I was ready to be a mother. Should I have tried to be a mother before i was ready? Argh!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oops. Anonymous was me. lol I came back to say that dedicating your 1000th post to your husband is just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. 1000 posts is a huge milestone -- congratulations, Klara!! :)

    ReplyDelete