Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Half woman, second class woman?

I was feeling perfectly happy for many days, until today. The company where I work is organizing huge party next weekend, where all the workers are invited with their family members.

I don't mind going to company parties, where only the workers are invited. Not that I particularly enjoy them, but they are OK. But meeting all the coworkers kids? No, thank you.

My way of dealing? I will use a white lie, again and skip it. Again.

I have only one heart and I have to protect it.


For the whole day I had in my mind the words I read in the morning that were written by a dear bloggie friend of mine, Elaine.  Half woman, second class woman. That's exactly how I feel today.

There will be another day tomorrow and I know it will be a nicer one.


5 comments:

  1. Yes, you must protect your heart. I completely understand <3 xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aahw, I am so sorry, dear Klara. We shouldn't have to feel this way, should we?
    Self-protection is important. I would do the same if I was in your shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are no second class woman, but a full woman with a unique woman's grief in her big heart. Self-protection is wise. One day you might be fine to go, or perhaps you'll feel okay to tell them why you won't go. In the meantime though, a wee white lie is perfectly reasonable and very wise.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perhaps it's time for a Skype call? Would love to hear about all your latest -- and start mapping out our next trip together? Maybe we do this while that dumb meeting is taking place and then you can legitimately say that you have an international business development call...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. dear Pamela, you know me well. You know that whenever I have bad days, dreaming about travelling somewhere lifts my spirit. We would love to have our next trip together! You are our best travelling buddies of all times.
      I use now only Viber, but will try to install Skype over the weekend.
      Looking forward :)

      Delete