Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Feeling blue

I had a tough day at work. Everything was just perfect until our pregnant coworker came after 6 months of sick leave to greet us. I didn't know until today that she had one IVF and the very first one worked for her.

Don't get me wrong. This coworker is a lovely girl. Very witty and full of life. Everybody laughed when she shared funny stories about the IVF procedure.

I felt very old, grey and bitter. There just isn't anything funny about my 10 failed IVFs. I would prefer to delete those memories out of my head for good. But I can't, I will always live with them.

9 comments:

  1. Oh, dear Klara. That must have been incredibly hard.
    Sending Inter-European hugs, too ❤.

    ReplyDelete
  2. dear girls, hugs help, thank you. I feel much better today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, dear Klara, you are anything but old, grey & bitter! Heck you're nearly 10 years younger than me and full of life and energy. Remember that today and tomorrow and the next day when you wake up and it's a new day. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you, dear Pamela. I feel much better today. I am packing to go to the seaside tomorrow with DH. Can't wait!
      xoxo

      Delete
    2. Enjoy the seaside, dear Klara!

      Delete
  4. Nice news for your co-worker, and on the first try too, but it rips at the core of those of us who ended without success.

    Here’s a quote from your previous book suggestion - “You can hide memories, but you can't erase the history that produced them.” ― Haruki Murakami, Colorless Tsukuru Tazaki and His Years of Pilgrimage.
    As much as we’d like to forget some of our journey to this point, it has made us who we are now.
    I don’t have any funny tales from my IVF trip either.

    Lots of hugs to you from me and happy times at the beach.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sorry I missed this :( Yes, nothing funny about multiple failed IVF's, miscarriages, etc. It's nice that one IVF worked for her, but it doesn't help us keep from dwelling on our own. (((HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete