Tuesday, July 25, 2023

The sea

 


 

"I am for ever walking upon these shores,
Betwixt the sand and the foam.
The high tide will erase my foot-prints,
And the wind will blow away the foam.
But the sea and the shore will remain
For ever."

Sand and Foam by Kahlil Gibran

 

We returned after 8 years to our beloved Dalmatian island. Our favourite beach with perfect little stones and crystal clear sea is still as beautiful as we remembered. 

It is a pure luxury - having time for swimming and reading. I like the poem that I have just read so I am sharing it with you.

4 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you are there and enjoying yourself. We sailed through the Adriatic, and had a day on an island and went swimming. It was beautiful! I love to imagine you there. And the poem is really lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Klara. Thank you so much. Beautiful pictures and poem. I'm so glad you enjoyed your time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Klara,
    How lovely that you were able to return to this beautiful place. I am happy for you! Thank you for sharing the poem and pictures.
    Much love!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Kahlil Gibran! -- when I was in my 20s, I gave SO many copies of "The Prophet" as gifts! :) Thanks for the reminder, Klara! Your photos are beautiful too. Sounds like a perfect holiday!

    ReplyDelete