Tuesday, August 1, 2023

You won’t get today back


I am enclosing two photos from my holiday in Dalmatia. The sea was very warm and crystal clear, so I could swim for hours every day. The iced coffee was delicious! It was nice to sit in the shade of the trees to avoid the sun when it was strongest.

I am still reading a great book (I will tell you about it in the next post). There was a quote: "You won't get today back". This thought kept me busy for a few days .... so I made sure I made the most of all my todays while I was at the seaside.

There were some small moments of sadness when I saw a family with teenage children enjoying their summer, just like I hoped once my summer holidays would be.

Then I remembered the line from the book and decided that I was not going to waste another day on sadness. So I concentrated on all the good things in my life.

3 comments:

  1. Oh, I love this! I'm so glad you have had/are having a lovely holiday by the sea. I adore swimming. And iced coffee in the shad with a good book afterwards - how perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that is a gorgeous picture of the beach!!

    And what a great reminder: we won't get today back. And today I am healthy and my needs are met. I just want more time for hobbies, haha. I'm so glad you enjoyed your holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this so much! Gaaah that sea looks so inviting. So true that today is all we have, you don't get it back.

    ReplyDelete