Sunday, November 21, 2021

That is the miracle of life


I have just finished reading an excellent book: Bill Bryson's The Body. I have learnt a lot just by reading it. 

I came across this quote:


“I’ve said it before in another book, but I believe it’s worth repeating: the only thing special about the elements that make you is that they make you. That is the miracle of life.”
Bill Bryson, The Body


It was the moment I realized that I spent way too many years on focusing on the sadness of not being able to have children of my own. By doing that I completely forgot that I already had been blessed by a miracle of life - it is just wonderful that I was born and that I live. Now! 

Sometimes it is really necessary to read something so you are able to see your own life from another prospective. 

It is a beautiful sunny Sunday & off I go to enjoy another lovely walk in the forest. 


*** 

Photos above: were taken yesterday in the beautiful Lake Garda. I spent almost a week there (for work) but I did find some time for walks.


 

4 comments:

  1. What a lovely post! And what beautiful pictures. I am glad that you had time to read and that the book was good! You sound very positive which is like a beam of sunshine in the grey of November.

    Wishing you a cozy evening!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too think it is wonderful that you were born and that you live, and that we get to enjoy you - both in person and your writing!

    I do love this perspective. I think it would bring a lot of comfort to so many people, including parents.

    Also, Lake Garda in autumn. Che bello!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so lovely: "Sometimes it is really necessary to read something so you are able to see your own life from another prospective." I love that. We are our own miracles just by being. Beautiful lake, beautiful words!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Be kind to yourself. Grief needs time. I don't know a living person who would be able to feel like this right after stopping all efforts to conceive. Too many years? Nope. The necessary number of years.

    ReplyDelete