Saturday, November 5, 2016

Amiga del alma


I like to visit the cemetery in the evening of the All Saints' Day, 1st November, to see all the lights and lit some candles for my ancestors.

Somehow this holiday always makes me feel blue. Who will be there to lit a candle for me? The thought of my tomb without any candle is just depressing. So I will stick to the decision I have already made - I want to be ashes in the wind, but hopefully not in the next 4 decades.

Walking among the tombs I thought of my friend Maria, whose tomb I've never had a chance to visit. I thought of the nice moments that I spent with her. I remembered how deeply I was touched when I read an article about her in a local newspaper, written by her husband. I was mentioned there.. as "amiga del alma de Eslovenia". A friend of the soul, how beautiful.

That's what matters, having true and deep connections, not number of candles someday in a distant future.




1 comment:

  1. Sending hugs, dear Klara!

    "That's what matters, having true and deep connections, not number of candles someday in a distant future." I agree.

    ReplyDelete