Saturday, May 28, 2016

Silver lining of childless life / Belissima Sicilia









Do you see the photos above? This is for me true silver lining of childless life. Having flexibility to travel.

I found out very last minute that I can go to Sicily on a business travel and so I went. I returned home yesterday. My time for sightseeing was very limited, but it was awesome, I enjoyed every minute of it.

I am attaching some photos. Some beautiful photos are missing, since I didn't have time to take them. Photos of fresh and delicious fruits that I bought on market. Photos of very sweet sweets (I love sweets, but Sicilian sweets are too sweet for me). And also poor and dirty streets 15 minutes away from Unesco city centre. 

I visited a church of Saint Agatha. As usual, I sat down and prayed. And then I made a wish. Not that long ago, my wish was always the same. I begged God to give us a child.

I am wiser now. When I pray, I wish health and happiness for me, my husband, my parents and all people that are close to me. I ended my prayer with a thought: "God, when I am very very old, I really wish to look back to my life and think: This is not the life I planned, but no other life would I love to have more." 


7 comments:

  1. Just beautiful! I love your prayer. It's true, health and happiness are far better than any material possession!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How lovely, Klara!
      I always enjoy your photos, thank you for sharing with us these beautiful places from around the world.
      love from NM

      Delete
  2. Oh, I'm so jealous you got to go to Sicily! It looks gorgeous. And I love your prayer too. That is my hope, and my hope for all of us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sicily looks very nice on your pictures! I am glad that you were able to go on that trip.
    Also, I can relate to the changes in your wish making. It is similar for me. I now wish for a good and happy life, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you. That was beautiful. "God, when I am very very old, I really wish to look back to my life and think: This is not the life I planned, but no other life would I love to have more."
    I think I will start to pray the same thing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh gorgeous photos, lovely weather, great architecture, I’m sure missing those food pics!!!

    I love to find the little marketplaces to see what the locals are selling and buying too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful photos. And a wise prayer indeed. :) Can any of us really ask for anything more than that?

    ReplyDelete