Wednesday, April 13, 2016

My kids will be raised well

This was the sentence that my 15-year-pupil wrote in his latest English test. They had to use the verb "to raise" in a sentence and this is the sentence he wrote.

This sentence made me think. Would I write a sentence like this when 15? Probably yes. Would my DH write a sentence like this when 15?

The boy's sentence hurt.
I wish that all his dreams come true. 
It just hurt to be reminded that my husband will remain childless because of me.


4 comments:

  1. Hugs. I know. More hugs.

    (PS He obviously has an excellent teacher.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ouch. That does hurt.

    I know for sure that I would have written the same sentence when I was 15. Or 20. Or 30. Hubs probably would have too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That makes me wonder what he is going through. I remember making statements like that when I was a teen because I never wanted my kids to feel the pain I was. Looking back, it wasn't even that bad, but it was a vulnerable point in my life and I needed my parents support.

    ReplyDelete
  4. At that age I was only interested in books and what countries I was going to visit once I started working. The idea of kids didn’t appear until I was in my 20s.

    Whatever the age though, for us, such a simple sentence still stings.

    ReplyDelete