Monday, December 23, 2013

When a story is told, it is not forgotten

“And so I write this for you, My Sarah. With the hope that one day, when you’re old enough, this story that lives with me, will live with you as well. When a story is told, it is not forgotten. It becomes something else, a memory of who we were; the hope of what we can become.”   Tatiana de Rosnay, Sarah's Key

***
I still can not forget the movie. It is one of the movies when you watch it, you never forget.

I wrote my favourite quote in the movie.

By writing this blog, I am telling my story. A story of a woman, dealing with infertility and  finding a happy life after (despite being childless).

Infertility has always been and there will always be. It just is a fact of life.

So perhaps my story will help one day to somebody in the future...

6 comments:

  1. It has helped me, you know. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. dear Amel,
      thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate it!

      Delete
  2. It's stories like yours that let me know I am not alone. And give me the courage to share my story too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. dear Savannah, thank you for your comment. I like to read your blog.

      Delete
  3. I love that quote. And I'm so glad you're telling your story! For those who need to read it, and for me. After all, I wouldn't have got to lovely Slovenia and met you and DH if you weren't here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. dear Mali, it was lovely to meet you and your DH in the summer. I just wish we could have more time together...
      lots of love.

      Delete