Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Yet???

While cooking a coffee in the kitchenette, I talked to a coworker (mother of two toddlers).  I asked her where she parks her car now. She said that she was thinking about it for a while, and then decided for a monthly rent of the garage near our offices.

I already explained to her before that I am not willing to spend 10 % of my monthly pay for a garage.

So she asked me, where do I park the car now. And I said that I always park on a large parking free of charge that is 15 minutes of walking from the office.

A coworker commented that this was really a lot of walking. I tried to make a little joke, so I responded: "I don't mind walking. Since I don't have any children yet, I am not in a hurry to pick them up at the kindergarten, so I have time to walk."

***
We prepared the coffee and went each into the office.

But I still don't know, where did this YET came from.

At my heart and mind I already made peace with the decision to accept childless life. But obviously my subconscious isn't there yet...


3 comments:

  1. Ugh, I hate the yets. They are so indicative of this rocky road we have all be forced to take. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the yets come from habit. I spent years saying yet because we were still trying. I've learned to drop my yets, but sometimes I think it would be easier so I don't have to get into the whole story of why there not any yets anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe it was just an effort to ensure that the topic of conversation didn't suddenly become whether or not you would have children?

    ReplyDelete