Saturday, March 10, 2018

Being sorry for someone I don't know

A friend of mine told me a story about her coworker. I don't know her, but I know her husband since we went to the same school.  They have been trying to have a child for years, without any success. Now they are having IVF and he gave her an ultimatum: if it doesn't work, he wants a divorce.

I don't know this girl, but I feel so sorry for her. I am sorry that she is struggling with infertility. I am sorry that she married someone who is handsome on outside but has black cruel soul. And I am sorry that she has a friend who is not a friend at all - she told this very personal humiliating information to her and she told few others who told the rest. 

I hope she heals and that one day she finds the love of her life. Since that man for sure isn't.


5 comments:

  1. How incredibly cruel of him!
    She should tell him that if it does work, she will want a divorce...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sorry for her, too. I can't even imagine how hard this must be...

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH MY GOSH. I am sorry for her too, this woman that I do not know. What a horrible thing for her husband to say. It sounds like he blames her for not conceiving when it could just as easily be a problem on his end of things. I cannot imagine the stress she is feeling while she is already going through the very soul-taxing experience of IVF. And, yes, why is her "friend" sharing this very personal information with others? How horrible all the way around. :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a sad situation all round... I agree, Klara!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh no, that's awful. And yes, I agree with all the points you made, including about the "friend."

    ReplyDelete