Saturday, February 11, 2017

Meeting a beautiful little princess and her parents

Infertility robbed me of many things. But there is one priceless gift that I got. Through my blog I am able to connect with kind souls literally all around the world. 

Readers who read my blog from the start will remember Kaymet from this post:
http://thenext15000days.blogspot.si/2014/04/beautiful-photos-from-normandy.html

It was very lovely to meet Kaymet also in person this week, for the very first time.  And it was lovely to spend the evening in our flat with her family and my husband.

I knew in advance that we will get along well.

But what I didn't know is that I will just love their 3-year-old daughter.  And she liked me a lot as well! My favourite image of the little one will always be yesterday's memory, when I came to say goodbye to their hotel. When the little one noticed me, she started running with open arms towards me and fell into my arms. Just beautiful!

And I will be for her the woman who is master of finding her favourite song, Frozen, in many different languages, including mine.

***
Yesterday early morning I re-read the very first email that Kaymet sent to me almost 4 years ago:
"...I thought, what the heck, life is short, let's be a bit crazy sometimes and write an email just based on a strange feeling that I'm supposed to write it.   :-)))  And you never know, Europe is not very big - maybe someday we'll meet and laugh about this. " 

Yes we did laugh about this, it is so wonderful that Kaymet did send me the first email and that we did meet.

On weeks like this I feel blessed despite being childless.





8 comments:

  1. Dear Klara, I am so happy for you! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Klara, what a wonderful time we had with you - I already know that we will be talking a lot about you two with the little miss in the future.
    I also really loved that moment that you describe...
    Thank you so much for everything. I'm already looking forward to the next time we meet.
    <3 <3 <3
    Kaymet

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cool! I love that you got to meet another bloggie friend! Hopefully I will be next. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. dear BnotB, I am looking forward to meeting you! And - I am glad that you bought airplane tickets to Europe... I just wish they were for my country!

      Delete
  4. How wonderful! I really do believe that there are gifts that come out of this, and connecting with and meeting people has to be one of the best.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that you made this friend through blogging! I fantasise about us all meeting up for drinks one evening in a lovely quiet bar somewhere!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh how lovely!
    It sounds exciting to be able to meet blog friends; that you all enjoyed each other’s company is icing on the cake!
    You have a beautiful connection with their little girl – how wonderful!

    ReplyDelete