Friday, January 29, 2016

A beautiful painting


I finished work earlier today, so I could cycle to the city centre and visit our national gallery. It was just reopened after renovation and the entrance is free of charge this week, so I visited it.

I like many paintings there. But the one that I liked the most today was a painting "Woman drinking coffee by Ivana Kobilca".
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ivana_Kobilca


I just love the expression on old woman's face. It looks so gentle, kind, at peace with life, enjoying in small things.  I would like to be the same.


3 comments:

  1. Beautiful painting. Yes, I too want to be gentle, kind, at peace, and taking pleasure in the small things. I think you're already there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Mali. I think you are already there too!

      Delete