Thursday, August 29, 2013

Beautiful Czech Republic

We just returned from the holidays. Here are some photos:
 
OLOMOUC





 
 
 
 
LITOMYŠL





PARDUBICE
 



KUTNA HORA
 






ČEŠKE BUDEJOVICE
 
 

ČEŠKY KRUMLOY
 
 
 

I was really looking forward to our holidays but on the other hand I was also a bit scared. Why? 
 
The only holiday so far that we had in Czech Republic was exactly 2 years ago, when we went to clinic in Brno for an egg donation. We used the days between egg retrieval and embryo transfer for the holiday.
 
I was afraid that travelling around will bring back sad memories. Well, the memories did come back. But not in a bad way. It is just part of my healing process.
 
I remember that last time I was filled with different hormones.. It was lovely to travel this time, 100 % drug free.
 
I remember that last time, whenever we visited any church, I prayed for Eliška & František (nick names for our so much wanted children).  This time I prayed for health, love and peace in my heart.
 
I remember that last time I loved observing cute children. And thinking if our half-adopted child would look like them. This time cute Czech children were just cute children, nothing more.
 
***
We had lovely time together, discovering a beautiful country.
 
If you are interested to learn more, here is the official tourism web site:
 
 
 

5 comments:

  1. So glad you had a wonderful time. Looks wonderful - we've only been to Prague, but there's always another time ...

    "This time cute Czech children were just cute children ..." You've come so far in such a short time. It took me quite a bit longer (I think) to be able to reach this point. Brava!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. dear Mali,
      thank you for your comment.
      Yes, I also think I came far in a short time. But as we discussed in my home town while walking - it was so much easier for me since I had you and Pamela and other bloggers who walked the same path before me.

      Hugs!

      Delete
  2. Anyone I know who has been to Prague says it's one of the world's most beautiful cities. Great photos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful photos!!! You have a wondrous talent!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVELY photos! Maybe someday! :-) I agree with Mali that you've come so far, especially considering that it was the place where you had your egg donation.

    ReplyDelete