Sunday, June 2, 2013

Feeling fine

Sad days come and go.

I just feel it is important that I write something also when I am feeling down. So that the other bloggie friends who are also in childless-not-by-choice situation see that they are not alone when the sad days come...

I am fine today. Yesterday I visited my best friend's kids for five minutes and then I went for a long walk with my friend. It was nice to be with her.

She told me something extra sweet. A month ago I took for the very first time her 7-year-old son for the afternoon. We went for an ice cream and then for a really long walk in the forest (he adores being in forest). It was fun to be with him. I thought him how to count to 10 in Italian (all kids start to learn English at an early age in my country, so a new language besides English was something  interesting for him). And yesterday my friend told me that for the last month her son insists that they count to 10 in Italian every evening, while cleaning his teeth. How cute is that!  

I will never have a child. But I love the idea that I have many children in my life where I can leave small, positive marks.

***
I am fine today. I am reading a book (The Great Gatsby). I will make some home made pasta with sage on olive oil & parmesan cheese. Then we will take the Wolf on a short walk. How I wish the Wolf could make 20-kilometer-long walk as he used to. Now 2 kilometers are his maximum.

Have a beautiful Sunday!

5 comments:

  1. You're right about being real in your blog and sharing your ups and downs. It helps others keep it real, too. :-)

    And your best friend's son is so cute! :-D And yeah, you've left and you'll still be leaving positive marks in the lives of many children in your life. That's for sure! :-)

    Enjoy the pasta and your walk! The homemade pasta sounds so yummy. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi Amel,
      thanks for the comment.
      I just returned from the walk... being on fresh air really helps lift my spirit!

      Delete
  2. Yup, it's human to experience good and bad days... I had just reminded myself that today. The foster dog, Holap (don't let me start on that name I just gave him) helps cheer me up.

    The pasta sounds very good- just pasta, sage, olive oil and parmesan cheese, that's all? I'll have to try that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi Wolfers, yes, that's it:
      pasta, sage, olive oil and parmesan cheese.
      Delicious! And healthy.
      (I just spent some days in Italy, so I got an idea. Italians really know how to cook!)

      Delete
  3. Mmmm, I'm drooling at the thought of that pasta. And glad you're feeling better. And yes, we do make a difference in other people's lives, we just don't always know it.

    ReplyDelete