Monday, August 19, 2024

Investing in my own health

 



I have been thinking a lot about financial stability in old age. I think I worry a lot more than my colleagues with children. I don't think any of them are planning to rely on children. But emotionally they feel much more secure.

I know that for me and my husband - that we can only rely on ourselves.

I have been discussing investments with some of my friends. One of them said that she thought the best investments were investments in your own health.

I loved her point so much!

I never thought about it - but I have invested a lot in my own health over the last few years.

Two photos from this summer 🌞:

1) Swimming in the crystal clear sea in Dalmatia is really good for my health!

2) Picking strawberries, blueberries and chanterelles during a long hike in the Julian Alps.


4 comments:

  1. Dear Klara,

    Yes, I think so, too. We do worry more. And at the same time we may be more realistic or aware of what could happen in old age. We might also take more responsibility for ourselves than parents do, planning ahead more.

    I love both of your pictures, since these things are not only good for physical health, but also for the soul :-). Investing in health definitely is a good idea!

    Wishing you a lovely Sunday,
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love that. Invest in your health, but also... invest for those golden years. We've been feeling that planning for our elder years heavily lately with our parents struggling with it and having us to support them... no one will be there to support us when it's our time.
    I LOVE YOUR PICTURES! Beautiful water, beautiful food from nature! Ahhhhh you just dropped my blood pressure. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful pictures!!! And that's the greatest thought: one of the best investments we can make is to invest in our own health.

    I renewed my gym membership last week, and I'm going to go this week! I used to be active, but then the last 5 years happened... However, I always feel better after I exercise. Thanks for the encouragement. I like the idea of investing in myself for the future. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Elaine, Jess and Phoenix, thank you for your kind comments!
    Jess - yes, I agree with you, also invest for those golden years. No one will be there to support us when it is our time.
    much love,
    Klara

    ReplyDelete