Thursday, September 12, 2024

Finding comfort in small, beautiful things


 

I am feeling blue, I have just heard that my dearest colleague at work has resigned. I am happy for her that she has found the courage to follow her dreams. She will be working for another two months, but I miss her already.

I decided a long time ago that I don't want to do injustice to my life, I don't want to compare it.

But still.

I thought about all the things my dear colleague has achieved in the last 14 years.  Her list is long, the highlights are her two beautiful, healthy children. I know how busy her days have been, juggling work and family.

But maybe those things are easy compared to the soul crushing disappointment that people face when huge insurmountable losses must be navigated.  

****

That last sentence isn't mine, it was written by a dear pen friend of mine. I loved her sentence so much that I wrote it down here. If you are reading this... thank you for being my penfriend for more than a decade <3

****

For the last 14 years I have been through the hell of infertility. My dreams, hopes, heart and soul have been crushed a million times. And yet I found the strength and courage to put (most of the) broken pieces together and carry on. I am proud of that.

****

As always, when I feel blue. I try to find comfort in small, beautiful things. Like a beautiful pumpkin & zinnia from our vegetable garden. The pumpkin & potato soup with fresh herbs was simply delicious!

2 comments:

  1. Sending you so much love, dear Klara!
    I am sorry you are feeling blue. Your pumpkin is gorgeous. I have similar strategies: I try to enjoy the little things, too.
    Your pen pal wrote a very strong sentence. I like it!
    Hugs,
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Many of my best friends at work left or retired long before I did, and I sure missed them. (Most of them were childless too, and while it wasn't generally a topic of conversation among us, I sure missed that as baby & kid talk gradually took over the office...!)

    I'm glad you are proud of yourself, because you should be!

    ReplyDelete