Saturday, January 6, 2024

Madrid



 

I am reading a book written by a young woman who had a stroke ten years ago when she was only 25. I loved one of the sentences in her book. She said that it took her many years to see herself for who she was and not just as a person who had had a stroke.

It made me realise how much infertility has defined the way I see myself.  I am so much more than my infertility. There are so many wonderful things in my life. I just don't want to focus on my childlessness any more.

I would like to show you some beautiful things that I experienced in 2023 that I haven't had time to share with you yet.

I visited beautiful Madrid. I stayed there for a few days for work. And although I had almost no free time, I managed to visit the Prado again. I love the beautiful paintings of the Prado so much!



3 comments:

  1. I love this post. Yes, we are all so much more than our infertility or childlessness. And ah, the Prado. It is wonderful! I unexpectedly fell in love with all the medieval icons and paintings there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's easy to identify with our chronic conditions. They're so pervasive and it takes a long time to integrate the unwanted situation into our existence. I focused on my childlessness for a long time, and I think it was part of my healing process. But I find, with each passing month lately, that the topic moves more into the periphery of my life instead of being front and center. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for this beautiful post, Klara.
    As Phoenix says, it is probably natural to focus on childlessness (or for the young woman on the stroke) for some time because of the long-lasting consequences that you cannot escape every single day of your life. In a way, the ability to grieve, let go and redefine or rediscover yourself is a miracle, even if it is hard work, too. I am proud of you and all of us for how far we have come <3.
    I am so glad you get to travel and are able to squeeze in something you love like the visit to the Prado. Well done!
    Winter greetings from Switzerland

    ReplyDelete