Saturday, January 25, 2014

Saturday

I can have my oldest niece (6 years) for myself only once a year. My brother and his wife are not happy if I ask to have her, so I just don't (except for the Santa Claus carnival).

I was bitter about it, now I am not any more.

And that's why I appreciate my dear cousin even more - she lets me have her 4-year-old daughter whenever I want. Last Saturday I spent some lovely hours with the little one visiting my best friend and her two kids.  The visit reminded me how lovely my weekends would be if I had kids. Full of joy, laughter and play.

I wasn't bitter about it either. It is what it is. 

I appreciated lovely last Saturday.

And I also appreciate today. I just returned from a long walk in the nature. 




3 comments:

  1. I think it is sad that your brother and his wife won't let you have your niece more often!! I would think it would be a joy for her, and a break for them?! I'm very sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do your brother and his wife not see your offer as what it is? A generous offer to spend time with their child, to show her that you love her, and at the same time give them some time off? They - and their daughter - are the ones who are really missing out. Glad you had a lovely time with your cousin's daughter and your friends. Four year olds are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes, four year olds are adorable.

    My sister-in-law is very possessive. She can not understand that love is not limited. If her daughter loved me (she doesn't, since she never really had opportunity to have a relationship with me) it wouldn't mean that she loved her mother less.

    ReplyDelete