Sunday, January 26, 2014

Missing the Wolf




I wasn't in the mood for the last few days to write anything related to dealing with life after infertility. I am neither bitter nor sad because of my infertility. It is what it is.

I am just terribly sad because of my beloved Wolf.  I miss him terribly. Today it is exactly one year since vet told us his diagnosis.  

I went to the garden (approx five minutes of walking away) to pick up delicious field salad yesterday. Literally whenever I went to the garden the Wolf went with me. It was sad to walk the way alone.

My beloved Wolf taught me that life can be so short. That it is precious. That I have to live each day to the fullest. To enjoy.

Here is the plan for today:  reading a good book / baking lasagna / long walk with DH after lunch / good movie with DH in the evening.

3 comments:

  1. I can only imagine your sadness. Although I have lost animals dear to me, I have always already had another dog, so at least I do not have the total aloneness of no dog at all. When we learned of our dear Jake's osteosarcoma, he was our only dog, but hubby pushed to get a puppy so that Jake could play while he was still well enough. So after Jake died, we already had Merlin. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Klara! So sorry about loosing your Wolf. He was so beautiful, and he will always stay in your heart. I also have a German Shepherd, he's almost seven and he is my baby. I literally panic when a thought of a possibility of loosing him sneaks into my mind...

    I came across your blog while searching for a proof that there is life after failed IF treatments, and you give me hope :) Your writing is so full of light and kindness, thank you so much for sharing.


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. dear OB, thank you for your kind words.
      My beloved Wolf would be now also seven, if his kidneys didn't betray him.

      I wish you & and your German Shepherd many many lovely and healthy years together.

      Hugs.

      Delete