Saturday, June 9, 2018

Finding joy beyond childlessness

I have just read Pamela's post about the book "Finding joy beyond childlessness": 
https://blog.silentsorority.com/finding-joy-beyond-childlessness/

I haven't read it yet, I am looking forward to reading it in winter.

I loved the quote from this book:
“I use the term childless here. To be honest I hate it and it’s not a label I claim. It seems bizarre to define ourselves by something we don’t have, but to date I haven’t found anything better and it’s what many people search for online, so I use it with reluctance. Some say that in time you get to a place where you call yourself childfree. I don’t. To me childfree describes those who made a conscious choice not to have children. Childless describes those of us who wanted to be a mother and when it didn’t happen, struggled to come to terms with our life. You thought that motherhood was your path, and now that it’s not going to happen you don’t know who you are in the world.”

I loved Pamela's 6-word memoir: "Shattered Life Creates Unexpectedly Beautiful Mosaic". 

Here is my 18-word memoir:

"This is not the life that I planned, but no other life would I like to have more."


3 comments:

  1. Your 18-word memoir is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I love your memoir. I'm going to review Lesley's book sob, but will try not to read other reviews until then, to keep from being influenced by others' thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm reading it right now... will post a review on my blog when I'm done. :)

    ReplyDelete