Sunday, December 2, 2012

A toy

I love my sister. But sometimes she has absolutely no clue how to handle my infertility.

A while ago (I was in the darkest days of my infertility journey) she went to Australia for a holiday. She brought me a small present: a toy - koala with a baby koala.

I hated the toy from the moment I got it. I didn't want to be impolite, so I put it on our shelf in the living room.  Whenever I looked at koala it made me sad since a koala has something I will never have.

I was cleaning  the  living room today. I threw away many things that I did not need nor want anymore (for example some stupid books that I loved to read when I was 20).

And - I finally got the courage to throw away the koala as well.

I feel free!!!


***

Had a long walk with my Wolf today, in the snow. It was cold and beautiful.


3 comments:

  1. Good for you, Klara. We should only have things around that make us happy. And if we can't do that, we certainly shouldn't have things around us that make us sad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy to hear you feel free after getting rid of unwanted stuff! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you! Me, I'm starting to think about getting rid of stuff I have saved so much for when I'd have children.... and so it's not easy- I'm currently reading "Throw out fifty things" well...I can't lie that I read it all... I'd read two-three pages before experiencing anxiety, and then I'd put the book aside. One thing that does sound like applying to us all, " You can't move forward into the future when you're constantly sucked back into the past. So in addition to the socks and lipstick, you're going to throw out the old regrets and resentments, the resignation, the fear of failing or the fear of succeeding." So, I'd recommend this book, to let go of 'what if's, 'supposes', missed opportunities, old dreams that no longer function anymore, etc beside getting rid of material things... Easier to say than to do, I admit, but hey' you're ahead of me, Klara! :)

    ReplyDelete