Saturday, August 13, 2022

Some new beautiful photos from sLOVEnia

 



First of all: thank you to all of you, my dear readers, who took time to leave a condolences message / email. They meant the world to me in those difficult times. 

The first three photos were taken on a difficult day, I had troubles concentrating at work so I just took a day off work and took a bus ride to spend a lovely day at Lake Bohinj (which is by the way my favourite place of all).  I was swimming whole day, the alpine lake is crystal clear and warm.

I read this book: https://www.bookdepository.com/Comfort-Book-Matt-Haig/9781786898296 and I liked it a lot. It was a beautiful gift from a friend of mine.

The third photo: Lake Bled. I stepped out of the bus just to take this photo, just before the storm came.

I can't do anything about changing the past. What I can do is to find energy to pack my things and go to the nature at least for a whole day... to see how many beautiful things this world offers. To forget the sadness just for a day.

I can't do anything more to help the older nephew. What I can do is to help the younger nephew and my husband. Few days ago I invited them for a beautiful long hike to the forest plateau Pokljuka (above those two lakes).



6 comments:

  1. Dear Klara,

    I am so sorry you and your loved ones are going through this difficult time. But I am glad you took a day off when you needed it. I am grateful you had a book that was soothing. And a beautiful lake nearby to look at. Also, I am sure the younger nephew appreciates every minute with you out in nature.

    Thinking of you <3.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, those lakes are so beautiful. I just want to immerse myself in them. The first two photos could so easily have been taken in NZ too!

    I'm really glad you are taking time out for yourself, recognising when you need to get out into nature and drink in the beauty and just breathe. And I'm sure that hike helps both your younger nephew and husband. Sending love.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops, I'm Anonymous, apparently! I saw some travel website/magazine (Lonely Planet? Can't remember!) recently had Lake Bohinj listed as one of their top places to see in 2022 or 2023. It might take us a bit longer though. lol

      Delete
  3. How amazing nature is for healing. Those alpine lakes look so inviting! I'm glad you could take a day to nurture your soul. This is the third time in a week The Comfort Book has come up, I think it's a sign I should read it! Thinking of you and your family through this loss and grief.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sending deep condolences to you and your family for the loss of your nephew. I'm so glad to see though that you are taking care of yourself (and some others too along the way) so well, using the nurturing powers of nature among other things. A skill hard earned from your past experiences no doubt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful photos indeed. <3 I am so glad you took some time for yourself. Matt Haig is wonderful -- I loved "The Midnight Library,' and "The Comfort Book" is in my to-read pile. Sending (((hugs))).

    ReplyDelete