Friday, July 8, 2016

A long way walked

I just returned from a short business trip to Italy. It was very hot, driving around with a car.
Highlight of the day: was delicious panna cotta con frutti di bosco after dinner. 
 
Summer sales already started in Italy. This photo shows, what a long way have I walked so far. After my first niece was born (she is almost 9), I was always left heartbroken, whenever I went shopping for her, to buy something cute for either her birthday or new year. And now, I am completely OK. I bought five cute Tshirts for nieces & nephews.
The company on the photo: I just love their designs. Years when the name of the company (=not to be mentioned here since I don't want to be googled through this name) made me depressed are just a distant memory...


4 comments:

  1. Dear Klara, I just wanted to say hi! I have followed your blog for sometime - am a 42 year old Single Swedish Woman trying coming to terms with the heartbreak of not having children. Thank you for being there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is lovely to have a reader from Europe who is exactly my age. Thank you for leaving a comment. Wishing you all the best.

      Delete
  2. When I returned to work after my daughter's stillbirth, they had opened a new Baby Gap store close by. It was like a punch in the gut to see it, and I couldn't go inside for many years afterward. These days, I (mostly) love shopping for baby & kids' clothes. :) Dh still finds it hard to see little dresses, though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too have loved shopping for my niece, and I'm sad that she's the last niece of that generation I will get to shop for. At first I used to cringe when I had to go into a store surrounded by mums and babies, but now I'm just happily the old aunt who always refuses their offer to be put on their mailing list!

    ReplyDelete