Saturday, June 9, 2012

Little pink magnet in the back of the drawer

My sister stopped by today with her little daughter (2 years) and a newborn. They brought me a little magnet. Cute pink magnet with a picture of a picture perfect little girl.

I love my sister's daughter, I really do. But I just can not put this magnet on our fridge. A magnet with a picture of OUR baby was meant to be on our fridge. But there isn't any and there never will be.

I didn't have the heart to throw the magnet away (although I love to do this with all the objects that make me sad). So I just hid it in the darkest part of one of the drawers that I seldom use. So I can put it out only when the niece comes for a visit.

6 comments:

  1. Things like that are so hard. I can sympathize.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a good idea. :-))) We do need to protect ourselves.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I understand this. I'm currently avoiding a baby shower for twins for some close family members. Just can't deal with it right now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I understand. It's too soon. Give yourself time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am glad you are taking care of yourself. I suspect, one day in the distant future, you will be able to put the magnet out...but until then, keep it hidden far, far away.

    I too have many pink and blue items hidden away...

    ReplyDelete
  6. dear girls,
    thank you for your kind comments!

    ReplyDelete