Thursday, October 20, 2016

The Invention of Wings

There is an old proverb: "Each thing is good for something". Well, I don't necessarily agree with this statement. But today's sick day was just perfect for reading a wonderful novel:

The Invention of Wings

“My body might be a slave, but not my mind. For you, it's the other way round.”
Sue Monk Kidd, The Invention of Wings

This sentence made me think. My body and my mind were slaved by infertility for a whole decade. Luckily I am (almost) free now.
 

1 comment:

  1. Lovely. I know this book has been on my to-read list for a long time. I must get around to reading it!

    (I'm still reading the last book you recommended - Night Train to Lisbon - it's been good but slow, as other things have intervened, which I will blog about.)

    ReplyDelete