Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Photos on mobile covers

I have been doing very well lately.  But then out of the blue there is something that hurts me.

We had a whole day meeting in the company; I was sitting with colleagues that I don't see very often. Since the meeting was a bit boring from times to times, all of us were checking from time to time our mobiles. At one point I realized that literally all people around me have on mobile covers photos of their kids. It is like an unwritten rule, if you have a child, he/she is always on your mobile cover. 


Once again, I felt very different. No photo of a cute kid on my mobile cover.

After sitting for 10 hours, I came come, changed and went jogging.... just to shake sad thoughts away. It helped.

4 comments:

  1. Ugh! There's always something to remind us that we are different.

    I'm glad you went for a jog to get the sad thoughts out of your mind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My response was also, "ugh!"

    I've never seen that. None of my friends/family have mobile covers of their kids. And I think I can confidently say that I would never have put a photo of my kid on my mobile phone cover either. Perhaps it's something that just isn't done as much here. Or perhaps it is a reflection of my friends/family. I guess I'm lucky.

    Sending hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sorry you had to encounter this reminder.
    Jogging has been my remedy quite often, too. It helps me most of the time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love "STFU Parents" for this very thing. However, now I insert my dogs into kid conversations every time, probably just to be annoying. Yay for a jog tho xoxo

    ReplyDelete