Friday, June 24, 2016

Cycling to Austria

I cycled 194 kilometers in 2 days, including a very steep mountain pass between Slovenia and Austria. Here is a map of my cycling trip (in Austria I followed Drau Cycling Path):

More info at: http://www.drauradweg.com/en.aspx/Home/Index/24.06.2016/to/24.06.2017


I loved the first part of the cycling trip (beautiful mountains in Slovenia) and the last part (beautiful mountains in Tyrol, Austria) the most.

Here are some photos:

Slovenia:





 Austria:
















I loved the freedom that I had for two days. I had no worries for the future. I had no regrets regarding the past. I enjoyed in the present. It was sunny and very hot, it was at times difficult path to cycle. So I focused all my energy and thought on the cycling path & beautiful sights I saw when passing through the landscape.  My pack had very limited space, so I had to think very carefully what to take with me. I had very few things, but I had everything I needed. I felt rich actually. To have the freedom to go wherever I wish. And to have health to be able to do things that I like. 


 


5 comments:

  1. These photos just burst out of the screen. I feel like I can step right into them.
    Those mountains are just spectacular. We don’t have anything like that here.
    The weather looks fantastic and I’m exhausted just thinking about all that cycling!
    It sounds like you had a wonderful few days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am impressed! Cycling that far in two days, wow! I am glad you had a good time. I like the very first picture of Kranjska Gora a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are a crazy woman!! (only kidding)

    The photos are gorgeous. And your sentiments even more so. I love that you felt rich, and free, and strong. You're awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful photos, Klara! What a trip -- I am so far from being able to even attempt something like that, but I very much admire you for doing it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! You're super fit, Klara. Thanks for sharing the view! Amazinggggg.

    ReplyDelete