Saturday, April 9, 2016

Chatting with a random Swede

I have just read that 250 years ago Sweden became the first country in the world to introduce a constitutional law to abolish censorship. To honour this anniversary, Sweden is now the first country in the world to introduce its own phone number:
http://theswedishnumber.com/

I really love inventive campaigns like this, that's why I decided to call.

I called this number and got connected with a kind woman from Stockholm. It was awesome to chat with her!   I would really like to visit Sweden one day (and the rest of Scandinavia). For now it is outside my travelling budgets.

Participating in campaigns like this makes me feel connected with the world.

3 comments:

  1. This is so cool! I should call too...but I think the international call rates would be ridiculous. Related, hubs was just doing some genealogy and found some Swedish ancestry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is brilliant, I love it!

    ReplyDelete