Sunday, January 17, 2016

I've got scars that can't be seen


I've been listening to the last David Bowie's song many times.
I love it.
I love the quote "I've got scars that can't be seen".
I could say the same. 

When I was living in the darkest days of my infertility, I was so depressed that I couldn't even see one bright side of my life.

But if I change the prospective, if I project myself (hopefully) many years ahead, in the last weeks of my life, infertility doesn't really matter. It was only one part of my life. My own children just weren't meant to be part of my life. And it is OK this way too.

I've learnt an important lesson from people who died.
I have to enjoy the life that I have, I have to make most out of it.

I am off to take beloved Wolfie for a long walk.

5 comments:

  1. His death has hit me pretty hard too. He was definitely a pioneer in the music industry and he will be missed. His final album is a wonderful tribute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like you, I continue to learn from songs, movies and narratives of all kinds. Collectively the lessons have helped me reconcile, refocus and rejoice in the life I have. You are one one of the gifts. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think we all have scars that can't be seen. I'm so glad that yours is healing, and that you're making the most of life. And I hope you had a lovely long walk.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wise words, Klara.

    My understanding is he & Iman used fertility treatment to conceive their teenaged daughter Lexi.

    ReplyDelete