Friday, January 1, 2016

Happy & Healthy New Year!

I wish you a Happy & Healthy New Year!

Not that many years ago I always included in my wishes a sentence "May all your wishes come true."
I don't write that any more. I learnt that not all the wishes come true. And it is OK this way too.

I am reading a Swedish bestseller:

A Man Called Ove

I just love it.  A quote from the novel:
"Every human being needs to know what she's fighting for. That was what they said. And she fought for what was good. For the children she never had. And Ove fought for her."


6 comments:

  1. I love that quote! I also never use "may all of your wishes come true" because, like you said, not all wishes come true. Wishing health, happiness, and contentment is such a better wish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I don't wish that either these days.

    Ooh, I must put that on my "to-read" list. That list is getting longer and longer ... I'm about to blog about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Klara,
    I agree with you.
    Health and happiness – that’s plenty of good wishes right there.

    That book looks interesting. One for me to look up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year, Klara! I don't use that quote either- I'm trying not to add more books to my list- The books unread waiting on one wall are collecting dust. No more buying or borrowing 'til I make a good dent. :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy new year, Klara! :) I have seen that book in the bookstore; now you have me interested... ;)

    ReplyDelete