Monday, May 11, 2015

Avoiding humiliation

My period came, with almost 3-weeks  delay. I was relieved. Also because my DH encouraged me to buy pregnancy test (just to make sure I was not pregnant). And I told him that for me, buying pregnancy test at 42 just seems like a final humiliation. I have seen enough of the negative tests for one life. I don't want to be reminded of those days. 


I realized something. As much as I wished to have a child, I wouldn't really like to be 50 (and my husband 55) when our child enters primary school.  

I still regret not having an 11-year-old (Daisy's age) or 7-year-old (my oldest niece's age) child now. But it is way too late to have  an infant now. 


5 comments:

  1. I'm glad it finally came! I bet it was unnerving to be in that predicament. Hugs!

    I'm with you on the pregnancy test feelings. So many bad memories. When I went to get the IUD they required a test. I made the nurse leave the room to do it because I knew what the result was going to be and I didn't want to see it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, no more pregnancy tests for me. They are just a waste of money and emotions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think most of us reach a point when we realize the time to have a baby is past -- and it's often a late period that brings us to that realization. (Perhaps not all of us come to this point, but I know it was true for me.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had a spare pregnancy test hidden in a bathroom cupboard in my 40s. I remember taking one the first time I had an extra long cycle. It was simply to make sure I wasn't pregnant, as if I was, it would almost certainly be an ectopic, and very dangerous. It is odd though, thinking about taking a test and hoping for a negative result! I know exactly what you mean.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh do I understand! I haven't been tempted to take a pregnancy test in more than four years. I mean, what is the point? Agree with the waste of money and emotions!

    ReplyDelete