Thursday, April 2, 2015

God help the Outcasts




My DH and me love animation movies. We recently watched Hunchback of Notre Dame. Music is great. Since then I just can't get enough of the song "God help the Outcasts". It is just so beautiful. And sad.    

*** 

If possible I always arrange lunch date with my favourite lunch company. A childless not by choice coworker and a single childless coworker, both few years younger. I love our talks.  But they are often out of office (and so am I), so most of this week I am stuck with mommy crowd. There I feel excluded from the talks most of the time. For example, yesterday they talked about their swimwear. One would think that this talk is perfect for me since I swim a lot and I just bought a perfect (almost professional) swimwear, suitable for pools. 

But no, I could not contribute anything. Since the leading topic of the conversation was how much a pregnancy destroys a swimwear. 

Yes. I am an outcast on so many occasions. Even when least expected.  


3 comments:

  1. I love the Hunchback of Notre Dame! I haven't seen it in years though!

    I absolutely hate those conversations. It's like a no win situation. Being in those types of situations is incredibly uncomfortable but if we were to avoid going out with our colleagues we would be seen as anti-social.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I know the feeling so well. The defeated one that washes over me when I realize not only am I going to have nothing to contribute to the conversation, but that it's pointless to even try. How much pregnancy destroys swimwear? Groan. Just, groan......

    ReplyDelete