Thursday, July 17, 2014

Here comes the Sun




I remember when Princess 1 (brother's daughter) and Princess 2 (cousin's daughter) were born (6 and 4 years ago) my heart was broken. I was in the middle of unsuccessful IVFs. 

There exist photos where I hold them in my arms, for the first time. I am smiling (you are supposed to be smiling with a newborn). But my eyes are full of sadness. I can see that on the photos.   

At that time I was so sad that I almost didn't want to live any longer. Sadness, beyond the description. Only the one who experienced it, can understand. 

I always loved Beatles' song Here comes the Sun.  Even after the darkest of the nights, there comes the Sun. Sooner or later.

I invited this weekend both Princesses for a sleep over to my home, for the first time ever. The little one already confirmed - she can not wait. She packed her backpack already few days ago :)  
(I am lucky - my cousin firmly believes that the more people her children have in their life, better it is for them. And her daughter has always been very independent. I guess she is my favorite child of all).

Princess 1 declined the invitation - but she might change her mind (her mum is very possessive and doesn't want to share her children with anybody). 

I am not hurt. I am just lucky to have Princess 2 in my life as well.

And I am really looking forward to Friday night.

4 comments:

  1. Enjoy your time with Princess 2. I've had a lovely few days with my own Princess (sister's daughter) and so know you'll have lots of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have those same kind of photos. And you are right, no one can understand that pain unless they have experienced it themselves. They don't understand how much it hurts.
    My sister is amazing to let me be a part of her kids lives. Unfortunately, my inlaws don't seem to feel the same way. So, I spend as much time with my sister and her kids as I can and figure that it is my inlaws loss if they don't want to include me.
    Have fun this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad Princess 2 and your cousin are in your life. I think they're lucky to have you as an aunt who's willing to spend time with them and to give love to them. Enjoy yourselves!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have our own Princess to spoil & she is getting a new brother or sister this fall. :) Enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete