Monday, May 5, 2014

It is lovely not to be alone



I have just noticed that my blog has just had 44444 page views. 
When I started writing it, I thought it would be just lovely if I found at least one person somewhere on Earth dealing with fresh wounds of infertility. It turned out that there are a lot of us out there.
It is lovely to have my own corner to express my feelings.

*** 
I had a rough day at work today. Two of my coworkers returned to work after one year of maternity leave. One coworker returning? I can handle somehow. Two? Not that well.  I don't really want to go into any details. It was just hard for example to go for a lunch and everybody was so happy & excited to hear ALL detailed stories that went on in the last year. And the others were sharing their own memories... I was exhausted from all the baby stories...

***
My way of coping with all my negative feelings?
1. Finishing work early.
2. Going for a 15-kilometer-cycling tour through beautiful nature
3. Going to library
4. Going for a 20-minutes-jogging in the evening.
I feel much better! 

***
Thank you for reading me.
It is lovely not to be alone.





9 comments:

  1. You're not alone, Klara. You're never alone. <3

    Kelly
    www.alovelylifeindeed.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kelly. I checked your Ahora May list and loved it! So many new ideas.

      Delete
  2. I'm nostalgic thinking about the very first time I read your blog. So much growth. So many insights...thank you for continuing to share your life with us. ox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Pamela. Without you, I wouldn't even come to an idea of writing a blog.

      Delete
  3. I found out today at work that they hired someone new and she will sit in the desk next to mine. I know nothing about her but could only think about how I will have to answer that question again...No, I don't have kids.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear KT, I know... it sucks that we are uncomfortable even thinking of THAT question. But do you know what sucks even more? That slowly, in the next two decades this question will be replaced with: "So, do you have any grandchildren?" .

      Delete
  4. Same feeling here. When I started my IF blog, I never though there would be many people reading my posts because in the beginning it was mostly my diary, a place for me to sort through my feelings and thoughts he he...

    Sorry to hear about the rough day, but interesting to know that the maternity leave in your country is also for a year. Over here it can be extended up to 3 years (though they have a different term for it, but it can be done).

    Glad to know you've got an army of ways of coping with such a rough day. GOOD for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry to hear of your rough day, but isn't it nice to have somewhere to go to share your feelings and be understood so well. I love this community and never thought back when I started my blog all the support and love I would find here. I consider myself lucky in the fact that I work in a building off campus with only 4 other women who are well beyond the pregnancy age and some already have grandchildren so I don't get asked the question a lot. There are more pregnancy announcements over in the other building but somehow I am able to deal better with those probably because I don't see them on a daily basis.

    ReplyDelete