Tuesday, February 4, 2014

My Own Happiness Project


The Happiness Project: Why I Spent a Year Trying to Sing in the Morning, Clean My Closets, Fight Right, Read Aristotle, and Generally Have More Fun

I started to read this book.

At the beginning I quite liked it.

I liked the begining:
"Whad do I want from life, anyway?" I asked myself.
"Well, I want to be happy."

But it was hard to read the whole first chapter. You see, the writer is a mother of two little girls.  So much of her advice did not belong to my life.

I stopped reading at the second chapter, after reading the first sentence:
"One alarming fact jumps out of research about happiness and marriage: marital satisfaction drops substantially after the first child arrives."

It does not matter what researches say. I know me and my DH would be much happier if we had a child.

I closed the book and returned it.

I have to write my own Happiness Project. 


5 comments:

  1. I think you are on the way to living it now...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you,re right. We all have to write our own Happiness Project. No-one can tell us how or why we should be happy (or not).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Pamela & Mali,
    I just came back from work. It is really lovely to find comments from both of you on my today's post.
    One of the greatest gifts that infertility brought me was meeting you two.
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank for the warning , Klara! I had considered reading this book, but will take a pass.
    Yes, ladies. You're all right.... no one can define our happiness for us. We have to discover it for ourselves. Thankfully we have each other for support and for help navigating our paths.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. dear 1nonmom,
      yes luckily we have each other !

      Delete