Monday, July 15, 2013

Thanks God that there are still large families with three kids

I had a meeting at work with a client today. We have been communicated via phone and email for some months and today was the first time that we met in person.

I never have problems talking about the business stuff. Easy.

Personal field? Not that easy. 

He was very chatty. He told me that he has three kids and commented further - I am quoting him - "Thanks God that there are still large families with three kids."

(by the way - he didn't ask whether I had kids - I guess he assumed (correctly) that I didn't since not mentioning any).

***
I just wanted to scream at him.
Saying something like: Have you checked the World population chart lately?

File:World-Population-1800-2100.svg



Why is having three kids really good (except obviously for you)?

***
I am trained. I am a good worker. So I overheard the comment, came back to business part and ended a meeting successfully.

And yes. I admit it. I would give everything to have three beautiful healthy kids aged 3, 8 and 10. 


***
After coming back home I just dressed myself to my favourite pink & black cycling wear and went cycling. I fell much better now!

4 comments:

  1. I'm glad you've got your own ways to make yourself feel better after hearing things like that. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't understand what context he would make that statement in! Still, people say strange things and always assume they are right.

    Glad the cycling helped! The pink and black cycling gear sounds cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. chatty people often do not need any context at all. They just say it.

      Just came back from work. I am cooking quick lunch (spaghetti with pesto genovese sauce left from Sunday) and then I am off for cycling. Thanks God for long summer days!

      Delete
  3. Three children may still be a large family in some places, but in my class last year, the average number of siblings (this was one of our statistics problems) was 3.1, which means 4 children in the family.

    Glad cycling took your mind off the comments.

    ReplyDelete