Sunday, March 3, 2013

The girl with the dragon tattoo

One year ago we watched the Swedish movie (and loved it):
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1132620/ 

Yesterday we started to watch the American version:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1568346/

(it is also good, we will finish watching it tonight, it was already too late yesterday).

There is one comment that I have to make.

In Swedish version of the movie Mikael Blomkvist is a journalist in his 40s, single, without children.

In American version of the movie Mikael Blomkvist is a journalist in his 40s, divorced, father of a teenage daughter. 

Watching first the Swedish movie I just thought: Did the producers of American movie really think that it is impossible for a man in his 40s to be without children? I was really disappointed that they changed that. 



7 comments:

  1. Love that movie! :) (I have only seen the sweedish versjon)
    Have you seen the other Lisbeth Salander movies "The Girl Who Played With Fire" and "The Girl Who Kicked the Hornets'?

    What a shame of the American producers to change that!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, I watched all three Swedish movies and loved all three of them (especially the first and the third).
      I enjoyed listening to Swedish language!

      Delete
    2. Glad to hear that you loved all three of them :)
      Swedish and Norwegian is very similar language.

      Hope you have a nice sunday, Klara:)
      How is Wolf?

      Delete
    3. yes, I always thought that Swedish and Norwegian are very similar, but I was never sure.
      Wolf is doing quite OK, it is just that he gets tired so quickly. Not long ago (begining of January) I was able to take him for 15 - 20 kilometers long walk. Now his maximum is 2 kilometers, but after that he is so tired, that he only sleeps. I take each day as it comes... this is the best I can do.

      Delete
  2. I LOVED the Swedish films, makes me nervous to even watch the American version. I read the books after I saw the films.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm assuming he was childless in the original novel? (Haven't seen the movies -- I did read the first book -- but I don't remember...!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting... We read the books, & have watched the Swedish movies...but haven't yet watched the American ones.

    ReplyDelete