Monday, December 10, 2012

Martha & Ernest



It is too cold outside (-10 C and lots and lots of snow) so  it is time to watch movies in cosy & warm living room with my DH.

I just loved the movie about Hemingway & Gellhorn. I really love movies where I can learn something new.

Looking back on a life  Martha Gellhorn once confessed: ''I'm overprivileged. I've had a wonderful life. I didn't deserve it but I've had it.''

I hope to be able to say the same when I am 90 :)

I am not sure, but I think Martha Gellhorn was childfree.





PS: The movie reminded me to read some of Hemingway books that I haven't read yet.

2 comments:

  1. I must see that movie. Even though Nicole Kidman has always irritated me. And even more now that she's resorting to plastic surgery.

    I read on wikipedia that Martha Gellhorn adopted a child, but then after some time someone else raised them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, haven't heard of this before. Gotta watch it later! :-)

    ReplyDelete