Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Home, sweet home




I have some great news to share.

Few days ago me & my DH bought a small piece of land. We were looking for it for more then 5 years, but couldn't decide for before we found the right one. It is sunny, in a beautiful village, close to the capital and really close to beautiful forrest for long walks.

Now we are living in a small apartment. It is OK since we are not home much. But we would both love to live in a house.

It will be a huge investment (and it will take up to 10 years before we finish it). I love discussing all the aspects with my DH. And we both agree, that since not having children, there will be no one to look after us when we are old. So owning a house represents a financial security for us.  Our plan is to sell the house when we are 80 and go to a home for elders.

Now we are in the middle of thinking whether to decide to build a house or to buy a prefabricated house. I would love to hear, how it is in your country. Regarding new houses: are there more prefabricated houses or built houses?

PS: I am attaching a model of a prefabricated house that we both like.

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on the land purchase! What a great Christmas present!

    One of my life-long dreams is to build a house. I'm running out of time - but maybe when we retire. Though we are not restricted here in terms of architectural style (except in a few heritage suburbs in cities), so we could build anything I want if we got some land (which is the appeal).

    If we had restrictions on design, then I'd go for a pre-fab type option. It would be much less stressful I'm sure. I like the look of the one in the photo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. CONGRATULATIONS on the purchase!!! Actually a friend of mine is currently building a house and another one is almost done with it. Here there are plenty of so-called "ready-made" houses. So basically they're half-built houses which can be moved at the back of a trailer so that building it won't last too long. Of course they have to prepare the groundwork first before the half-built house is brought to the scene of action he he...The cost of building a pre-fabricated house here is less than if you want to make your own design.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so exciting! I have never built a house, but I have bought 2 houses. Our first house is over 100 years old, and our second house is 30 years old.

    ReplyDelete