Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Spring is far away for us





I guess that the vast majority of my readers has never heard my language. It is spoken only by 2 million people. One of the most romantic things about my language is that it does not have only singular and plural. It has also a dual form!

I am attaching my favourite song. Whenever I hear it, it makes me think of how much I love my husband. And that I really really hope that we will be happily together for many decades.

Here is translation of the song (by me, so it is not that perfect):


SPRING IS FAR AWAY FOR US


We are now old and grey
because of  the heavy burden of years.
We became so vulnerable,
the world became much too fast for us.

Our paths are short,
rarely we go out.
Always together, always alone,
She is all I have.

Far, far away is the spring for us,
the autumn has come.
Long time ago was the time that I told the girl "I love you."
And when I was her boyfriend.

Far, far away for us is the spring
I regret that the youth is gone.
But I would not want to become young and without her,
I prefer to be old and with her.  

We talk about all the memories,
there was so much of everything.
We say: "How everything passes by quickly."
And we feel sorry a bit.

But then we laugh,
happy because we found each other.
How beautiful it is, that we met
and went through the life together.


Clock root out memories,
"Come to bed," she whispers.
She holds my hand and
we rise up slowly.

 


At night she holds me tightly.
I know her every touch.
I banish the bitter thought:
Who of us will be left alone?


Far, far away for us is the spring
the autumn has come.
Long time ago is the time that I told the girl "I love you."
And when I was her boyfriend.


Far, far away for us is the spring
I regret that the youth is gone.
But I would not want to become young again,
I
prefer to be old and with her. 


***

And here is the original version:



ADI SMOLAR: DALEČ JE ZA NAJU POMLAD

Danes stara sva in siva,
pozna se težko breme let.
Postala sva tako ranljiva,
mnogo prehiter je za naju svet.

Najine poti so kratke,
le redkokdaj še greva kam.
Vedno skupaj, vedno sama,
ona vse je, kar imam.

Daleč, daleč je za naju pomlad,
leta prinesla so jesen.
Daleč, ko dekletu sem govoril:"Rad te imam."
In ko bil jaz fant sem njen.

Daleč, daleč je za naju pomlad,
mi za mladostjo je hudo.
A ne bi hotel sam postati spet mlad,
raje star sem, star in z njo.

Govoriva si spomine,
mnogo vsega je bilo.
Rečeva: "Kako vse mine."
In malo nama je hudo.

A nato se nasmejiva,
srečna ker sva se našla.
Kako lepo je, da sva se spoznala
in skupaj skozi življenje šla.

Daleč, daleč je za naju pomlad,
leta prinesla so jesen.
Daleč, ko dekletu sem govoril:"Rad te imam."
In ko bil jaz fant sem njen.

Daleč, daleč je za naju pomlad,
mi za mladostjo je hudo.
A ne bi hotel sam postati spet mlad,
raje star sem, star in z njo.

Ura prepodi spomine,
"Greva spat," zašepeta.
Trdno me pod roko prime
in s težavo vstaneva.

Ponoči k meni se privije.
Vsak njen dotik tako poznan
mi prežene grenko misel:
Kdo od naju ostal bo sam.

Daleč, daleč je za naju pomlad,
leta prinesla so jesen.
Daleč, ko dekletu sem govoril:"Rad te imam."
In ko bil jaz fant sem njen.

Daleč, daleč je za naju pomlad,
mi za mladostjo je hudo.
A ne bi hotel sam postati spet mlad,
raje star sem, star in z njo

***

Isn't it a beautiful song?

I hope to feel exactly as this when I am very very old.


5 comments:

  1. Lovely lovely lyrics.

    I also loved seeing the song in your language (Slovene?). I love love languages, wish I was fluent in more, and enjoy being exposed to new languages.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. dear Mali,
      yes, name of our language is Slovenian or Slovene.
      It is Slavic language, so I can understand also Croatian, Bosnian and Serbian language. And I can understand a bit of Czech and Slovak and Polish language. And a tiny bit of Russian.

      Yes, the lyrics in really lovely.

      I love the most this part:

      Always together, always alone,
      She is all I have.

      I realized that as long I have the love of my life, I do not mind that we are alone.

      Delete
  2. So good of you to translate. We are fortunate indeed to have such fine men to share our lives.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. dear Pamela,
      I couldn't agree more - we are forutnate to have such fine men to share our lives!

      Delete
  3. AH...LOVE the lyrics...growing old with our spouse. That's really a lovely thought! :-)

    And while hearing the lyrics, I can hear a little similarities to Polish and Russian (only some of the sounds). I've only heard Polish and Russian a few times, though he he...there are many more Russians here 'coz it's the neighbouring country. I've only heard Polish once when a friend got married to a Polish guy and I was at their wedding. :-)

    ReplyDelete