Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Finding my tribe

While going through all infertility treatments I found online, in my country, a great support group. We met often also in person and I was really very happy to have somebody to talk to.

While the years went by I remained almost the only one without a child. I felt again so lonely... Even the girls who went for years through infertility couldn't really get me. Because they obviously understood how it feels to want to have a child and not be able to have it soon. While I really understood how it feels to want to have a child and NEVER ever have it.

I remember June 2008  - I was just going through one of my dark days and I was surfing on NY Times (searching anything related to infertility) when I clicked on this link:

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2008/06/10/health/healthguide/TE_INFERTILITY_CLIPS.html#


And the first short interview that I listened to was Pamela. I liked her immediately. I found her blog and through her blog I actually found my tribe.

How lovely it is not to be alone! Pamela - thank you for writing your blog & book. I am really grateful. 

3 comments:

  1. Lovely.

    And this is so true - "While I really understood how it feels to want to have a child and NEVER ever have it."

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You, Klara, are one of the many unexpected and happy discoveries I made after deciding to tell my story and start my blog. Glad to have you in my life!

    ReplyDelete