Thursday, June 14, 2012

Non, je ne regrette rien

I had a lovely evening with my DH. We watched a movie La vie en rose about Edith Piaf:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0450188/

It is a beautiful movie. How sad was Edith Piaf's life, full of tragedies!

I love her last song - and the most beautiful - Non, je ne regrette rien. For the first time in my life I really listened to the actual meaning of the words. So beautiful! So meaningful!



Here is translation: http://www.metrolyrics.com/non-je-ne-regrette-rien-lyrics-edith-piaf.html

The strange thing is that we already watched this movie 4 years ago and I did not like it that much. And yesterday I totally loved it. When I talked about it with my DH about this, he commented "you have obviously grown as a person in the last four years and now you are able to feel Edith Piaf's soul".

5 comments:

  1. I love yur husband's comment. In fact, it gave me the chills!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Mali! Yes, I loved my husband's comment as well.

      It is so nice to see that something good also comes out of infertility-pain!

      Delete
  2. Didn't know about the movie, so went to imdb and got chills when I read about the storyline. Maybe I'll go watch it someday. :-D LOVE your hubby's comment, too. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Klara,

    I'm reading your old posts so don't be surprised if you receive a comment from me :) I've seen the movie quite some time ago and loved it. I remember that after the end of the movie I turned to my husband and told him that SHE had a hard life and that our problems were nothing in comparison. It was before all the treatments but I still believe that and keep looking up to Edith Piaf as a true inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. dear Obie,
      I love getting comments to my old posts!

      Delete